Your Cart is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
|Posted on June 29, 2017 at 7:55 PM|
July 1, 2017
IMAGINATION – BUBBLES AND TENTS!
Linda M. Penn
Has your child ‘hit the wall’ this summer? “Mommy, what can I do?” “Daddy, I’m bored!”
How about some imagination activities? Imagination opens doors for kids – new ways for them to see and think about things. Our kiddos have an abundance of imagination just waiting to be opened. How else do we get mature adults who come up with innovative ideas?
I searched “imagination in children” and found an interesting article titled “10 Easy Ways to Fire Your Child’s Imagination” by Jeremy Schlosberg. If you look up the article, it is well worth it.
Here are some ideas from the article and I added a couple of my own tried and tested suggestions:
1) Tell stories – no video or book needed.
2) Make art – draw, paint, etc.
3) Use natural or generic materials – blocks, sand, etc.
4) Let them create their own visions - don’t overload them with images from TV, movies, computers.
5) Make puppets – old socks are perfect.
6) Take a nature walk – grab that paper bag and go.
7) Fold blank sheets of paper.
8) Play with big boxes – is it a house, cave, spaceship?
9) Blow bubbles.
10) Make tents in a large indoor space – quilts, blankets, sheets, etc.
HAVE A FUN SUMMER! SHARE YOUR IMAGINATIVE IDEAS WITH US!
Come back at the beginning of August – Blog Title:
“FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL – SPARKING SUCCESS”
COPYRIGHT 2017 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED LINDA M. PENN