Your Cart is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
|Posted on July 31, 2017 at 11:01 AM|
FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL – SPARKING SUCCESS
Linda M. Penn
Weren’t we just talking about what to do on summer break? How did the summer go by so quickly? Yes, time flies!
Sparking success for a school year actually depends on everyone in our communities. Give that encouraging word to kids when they come through your checkout line with all those new school supplies, when they come to your library, when they try on clothes at the dressing room of your store, and of course, when they try on those new shoes in your shoe department. And don’t forget smiles and kind words for the parents, teachers, administrators, bus drivers, kitchen staffs, office staffs, custodial workers, and anyone else involved in the start of school.
I don’t normally repeat a Blog but I received several positive comments about my August 1, 2016 Blog about courage and fear in the new school year. So, here goes:
Provide your kiddos with courage and confidence to take away the anxiety and fear of a new school year.
1) Arm them with the appropriate tools – supplies, clothes, shoes.
2) Tour the school.
3) Meet teachers, principals, counselors, office staff.
4) If possible, purchase a T-shirt with the school logo.
5) Discuss morning, after-school, and nighttime expectations with them.
6) Begin the bedtime routine at least a week ahead of time.
7) Discuss lunchtime options – buy or bring? If bring, compromise on nutritional food choices.
8) Address any concern of your children in a POSITIVE manner.
9) Model a GOOD ATTITUDE. Show your excitement but calmness about the upcoming year.
10) Reinforce to them how proud you are of them.
11) PRAY WITH THEM, PRAY FOR THEIR TEACHERS, BUS DRIVERS, AND ALL SCHOOL STAFF AND THEN TRUST IN THE LORD.
Please see Bible verse Phillipians 4:6. “Don’t be anxious about anything, but in all your prayers, ask God for what you need, always with a thankful heart.”
See you back here the first week of September. New Blog: “MOVING ON!”
Copyright 2017 All Rights Reserved Linda M. Penn